Listen to Fun.'s New Song "Sight of the Sun" Courtesy Of HBO'S 'Girls'
You may have heard of HBO's new-ish telelvision series 'Girls', which begins its second season this coming weekend, if you've read anything online in the past year or so. The show divided staunch critics and fanatics but while the it's subject matter is an issue rife with debate, the show's music is almost universally adored. That's why the first season soundtrack is being released Tuesday, January 8th.
The soundtrack will feature songs by Robyn, Santigold, and others and right now you can hear the album's much-anticipated new track by Fun. over at Rolling Stone. The song is called "Sight Of The Sun" and was supposed to be on Fun.'s album Some Nights but there were some legal problems with a sample used. The band's frontman Nate Ruess then took it upon himself to revise the song so it could be featured on the 'Girls' soundtrack. He says, "I ended up rewriting the chorus and actually like it better than the sample now!" Listen to it here and see if you agree.
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'
- Watch Foo Fighters & Heart Play 'Kick It Out' on Letterman
- Tove Lo Breaks Down Every Song Off Her 'Truth Serum' EP
- 5 Times Taylor Swift's "Out Of The Woods" References Harry Styles