LOL Of The Day: Kidz Bop Kids - Born This Way
I have a problem with Kidz Bop. It's essentially for parents who want to keep their children's ears innocent forever, but that really doesn't make sense to me — ESPECIALLY in this generation. Kids have Facebook pages at 5, are watching Family Guy & South Park episodes at 8, starting tumblr accounts at 10 ... the list goes on and on and on. So why censor pop music and feed it to your children when they've probably memorized every swear word?
Here's the list of content they've struck from LG's original:
- A different l
over is not a sin (replaced with "viewpoint")
Don't be a drag, just be a queen
No matter gay, straight or bi / lesbian transgendered life / I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive
Black, white or beige / Chola or Orient made
Same D.N.A., but born this way
With all this talk of same-sex marriage and the LGBT community, shouldn't kids be informed about all this? Just sayin'. What do you guys think about Kidz Bop?
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!