Lorde Isn't A Fan Of Selena Gomez's "Come & Get It" Lyrics
See what the up-and-coming singer had to say about SeSe's lyrics...
One of 2013's most buzzed-about breakout stars, Lorde, is airing out her thoughts on the lyrics of other female singers. In an interview taking place in her homeland with New Zealand radio, the young songwriter had this to say about Selena Gomez's lyrics:
"A song came out recently by a big pop star, and the lyrical thing is 'When you're ready come and get it / I'll be sitting right here just waiting' and I just find that so pathetic and I don't think girls should be listening to that kind of thing and I don't think that is normal or healthy."
Referencing Gomez's big hit "Come & Get It", Lorde's style of music is from a 16-year-old's point of view growing up in New Zealand, so for her to complain about a 21-year-old singing to their potential lover isn't necessarily a fair criticism. Listeners, especially of the female variety, enjoy both artists for different reasons: putting on a Selena Gomez song is great for getting ready to go out, while playing Lorde is more of an everyday listen. Plus, artists have been making this claim about suggestive lyrics towards young girls for ages. Just because a girl listens to a more mature track doesn't mean she is pathetic, abnormal, or unhealthy.
Oh and we should mention that the lyrics are actually I'll be sittin' right here real patient...come on over and visit MetroLyrics sometime, Lorde, don't be shy!
Just because we love this song so much, here's Selena's "Come & Get it" on VEVO. What do you think of Lorde's commentary on SeSe's lyrics? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics
- Surprise! Pink and City & Colour Form New Group You+Me