Lorde, Robin Thicke, Daft Punk To Perform At The GRAMMYs
Find out who else will be taking the stage at the 2014 GRAMMYs!
The countdown is on, people! The 56th annual GRAMMY Awards are going down Sunday, January 26th, and as the days between now and showtime get shorter and shorter, that can only mean one thing: the performers list is trickling out! The most recent names to be added to the list? Katy Perry will be getting her "Roar" on at the awards show, while Lorde'll work it out like a royal as the 17-year-old gears up for the big event.
The GRAMMYs are always famously getting the most random of artists to perform together on Music's Biggest Night, so they rounded up legendary metal effort Metallica to go head-to-head with GRAMMY Cultural Ambassador to China Lang Lang, as well as "Blurred Lines" hitmaker Robin Thicke teaming up with classic rockers Chicago.
Previously announced was the pairing of "Lose Yourself To Dance" duo Daft Punk and Motown veteran Stevie Wonder, as well as disco guitarist Nile Rodgers and of course Pharrell performing with their robot-helmeted counterparts. The world's greatest country supergroup will be created for one night as well, with Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Blake Shelton, and Kris Kristofferson coming together, the latter being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Pink is also scheduled to perform with her "Just Give Me A Reason" duet parter Nate Ruess at the event.
Stay tuned for more updates on the 2014 GRAMMYs, airing Jan. 26th from LA's Staples Center on CBS. Which performer are you the most excited to see?
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz