Lorde's "Tennis Court" Gets A Flume Remix, Internet Freaks Out
Everybody is going crazy for producer Flume's remix that makes Lorde's song sound gorgeous!
It's very seldom that we're big fans of pop songs getting remixed -- they're usually amazing just the way they are, so why mess with perfection? However, we stand corrected at Australian producer Flume's reworking of Lorde's "Tennis Court", and after the New Zealand native tweeted about the remix, well, it started trending all over social media with very, very positive reactions.
Here's Lorde's original version of "Tennis Court":
And here's Flume's dreamy, pitch-down-edited version of the teenage anthem:
We can see why people are going wild for this remix: in the original, as much as we love it, Lorde's vocals don't get to shine because of the heavy hi-hats from the drums that go over her lyrics. In Flume's transformed version, her words get the star treatment, with the chorus "We're so happy, even when we're smilin' out of fear / Let's go down to the tennis court, and talk it up like yeah" laid upon the minimal production that only Flume can deliver. Talk about a new art form!
What do you think of Flume's remix of Lorde's "Tennis Court"? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars