Lost Bob Dylan Handwritten Lyrics And Guitar Found Over 40 Years Later
Imagine realizing that an electric guitar that has been in your family for more than 40 years is potentially worth 1 Million dollars. That's what happened to New Jersey resident Dawn Peterson when she watched the legendary Bob Dylan performance at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965 (the one where he cause an uproar by switching from acoustic to electric guitar) and instantly recognized the sunburst Fender Stratocaster he was playing.
Peterson suspected she could be in possession of Bob Dylan's guitar because her late father was a private pilot for Dylan in the 60's. He found 3 guitars on a flight that had been left behind by Dylan and his band as well as some handwritten and typed up lyrics sheets. Watch the video segment from the show History Detectives to see more about this amazing story:
What would you do if you found such valuable musical artifacts? Tell us in the comments...
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?