Lost Bob Dylan Handwritten Lyrics And Guitar Found Over 40 Years Later
Imagine realizing that an electric guitar that has been in your family for more than 40 years is potentially worth 1 Million dollars. That's what happened to New Jersey resident Dawn Peterson when she watched the legendary Bob Dylan performance at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965 (the one where he cause an uproar by switching from acoustic to electric guitar) and instantly recognized the sunburst Fender Stratocaster he was playing.
Peterson suspected she could be in possession of Bob Dylan's guitar because her late father was a private pilot for Dylan in the 60's. He found 3 guitars on a flight that had been left behind by Dylan and his band as well as some handwritten and typed up lyrics sheets. Watch the video segment from the show History Detectives to see more about this amazing story:
What would you do if you found such valuable musical artifacts? Tell us in the comments...
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School