Lou Reed's Most Memorable Lyrics
We take a look at the rocker's best lyric lines over his iconic career in music.
The music world suffered a great loss when legendary performer Lou Reed passed away of liver disease on Sunday, October 27th. He was a founding member of one of music's most influential rock bands The Velvet Underground back in the 60's, and continued to garner success with his solo career that lasted well into his final days. Passing away at only 71, he was definitely taken far too soon, and will be remembered and missed by fans and colleagues alike.
We're paying our respects to the fallen legend by going through some of the best lyrics ever penned by Reed, looking through not only his solo catalogue, but also his tunes with The Velvet Underground. Scroll down to listen and read the lines to some of his best work of all time:
Venus In Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
"It's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spend it with you / Such a perfect day you just keep me hanging on / You just keep me hanging on..."
Walk On The Wild Side
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings