Lou Reed's Most Memorable Lyrics
We take a look at the rocker's best lyric lines over his iconic career in music.
The music world suffered a great loss when legendary performer Lou Reed passed away of liver disease on Sunday, October 27th. He was a founding member of one of music's most influential rock bands The Velvet Underground back in the 60's, and continued to garner success with his solo career that lasted well into his final days. Passing away at only 71, he was definitely taken far too soon, and will be remembered and missed by fans and colleagues alike.
We're paying our respects to the fallen legend by going through some of the best lyrics ever penned by Reed, looking through not only his solo catalogue, but also his tunes with The Velvet Underground. Scroll down to listen and read the lines to some of his best work of all time:
Venus In Furs
"I am tired, I am weary / I could sleep for a thousand years / A thousand dreams that would awake me / Different colors made of tears..."
I'm Waiting For The Man
"I'm feeling good, feeling so fine / Until tomorrow but that's just some more time / I'm waiting for my man..."
"Sunday mornin', praise the dawnin' It's just a restless feelin', by my side..."
"It's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spend it with you / Such a perfect day you just keep me hanging on / You just keep me hanging on..."
Walk On The Wild Side
"Plucked her eyebrows on the way / Shaved her legs and then he was a she / She says, 'Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side'..."
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'