Lou Reed's Most Memorable Lyrics
We take a look at the rocker's best lyric lines over his iconic career in music.
The music world suffered a great loss when legendary performer Lou Reed passed away of liver disease on Sunday, October 27th. He was a founding member of one of music's most influential rock bands The Velvet Underground back in the 60's, and continued to garner success with his solo career that lasted well into his final days. Passing away at only 71, he was definitely taken far too soon, and will be remembered and missed by fans and colleagues alike.
We're paying our respects to the fallen legend by going through some of the best lyrics ever penned by Reed, looking through not only his solo catalogue, but also his tunes with The Velvet Underground. Scroll down to listen and read the lines to some of his best work of all time:
Venus In Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
"It's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spend it with you / Such a perfect day you just keep me hanging on / You just keep me hanging on..."
Walk On The Wild Side
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn