Lyric Battle: Azealia Banks vs. Lana Del Rey
One calls herself the "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" and one is just straight up gangster (we mean that in the "badass" sense), Lana Del Rey and Azealia Banks are two young women to watch in music this year. Del Rey has an album coming out this later this month, has appeared on the cover of Billboard magazine, and even performed on Saturday Night Live. Banks just signed with Universal Music, has songs that are blowing up on the blogosphere, and she even scored an endorsement from Kanye West who called her "the future of music." With all this hype and talent to boot, we wanted to put these two ladies head to head in a friendly lyric battle.
Lana Del Rey sings about love almost constantly so we used her song Born To Die, and Azealia Banks just released a softer track that samples Aaliyah called NEEDSUMLUV. Let's see how these love songs measure up...
Our last lyric battle saw Florence Welch go up against Jessie J and win for best lyrics! Be sure to vote in this week's lyric battle and let us know what you think in the comments!
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist