Lyric Battle: Azealia Banks vs. Lana Del Rey
One calls herself the "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" and one is just straight up gangster (we mean that in the "badass" sense), Lana Del Rey and Azealia Banks are two young women to watch in music this year. Del Rey has an album coming out this later this month, has appeared on the cover of Billboard magazine, and even performed on Saturday Night Live. Banks just signed with Universal Music, has songs that are blowing up on the blogosphere, and she even scored an endorsement from Kanye West who called her "the future of music." With all this hype and talent to boot, we wanted to put these two ladies head to head in a friendly lyric battle.
Lana Del Rey sings about love almost constantly so we used her song Born To Die, and Azealia Banks just released a softer track that samples Aaliyah called NEEDSUMLUV. Let's see how these love songs measure up...
Our last lyric battle saw Florence Welch go up against Jessie J and win for best lyrics! Be sure to vote in this week's lyric battle and let us know what you think in the comments!
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show