Lyric Battle: Spice Girls vs. Destiny's Child
Happy International Women's Day, everyone! Today, we not only celebrate the power of women, but also brush up on unresolved issues such as equalization of the sexes, the right for all women to be educated, and the end to human trafficking. We here at Metrolyrics agree with Beyonce's words "Girls / We run this motha / YEAH" from "Run The World (Girls)", and decided to have a friendly battle-of-the-girl-groups on this edition of Lyric Battle. In this corner, it's "Girl Power" phrase-coiners the Spice Girls, and up against the Girls with Beyonce taking the reigns, it's independent women Destiny's Child. Whose women-empowering lyrics are you going to vote for: Spice Girls "Wannabe" or Destiny's Child "Survivor"?
What will you being doing today on International Women's Day? Let us know in the comments.
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School