Lyric Battle: Spice Girls vs. Destiny's Child
Happy International Women's Day, everyone! Today, we not only celebrate the power of women, but also brush up on unresolved issues such as equalization of the sexes, the right for all women to be educated, and the end to human trafficking. We here at Metrolyrics agree with Beyonce's words "Girls / We run this motha / YEAH" from "Run The World (Girls)", and decided to have a friendly battle-of-the-girl-groups on this edition of Lyric Battle. In this corner, it's "Girl Power" phrase-coiners the Spice Girls, and up against the Girls with Beyonce taking the reigns, it's independent women Destiny's Child. Whose women-empowering lyrics are you going to vote for: Spice Girls "Wannabe" or Destiny's Child "Survivor"?
What will you being doing today on International Women's Day? Let us know in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist