Lyric of the Week: Auld Lang Syne
Should old acquaintance be forgot / And never brought to mind? / Should old acquaintance be forgot / And auld lang syne?
It's that time of year! The time where we look back on the past 365 days, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and think how much we can't wait to do it all again next year.
As the Earth wraps up another revolution around the biggest star in our solar system, we get together with friends, family, and loved ones and countdown the final seconds of the year. "Auld Lang Syne" is a staple for any New Year's Eve because it captures the bittersweet taste of the holiday so well. Originally written as a Scots poem by Robert Burns, "Auld Lang Syne" encourages us to remember and cherish our long-lasting friendships while also embracing the present and future. Don't worry about the pronunciation of the titled lyrics though, you'll probs be too busy getting a midnight kiss to sing along anyway.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Image c/o Flickr/Ivan Pik
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings