Lyric of the Week: Auld Lang Syne
Should old acquaintance be forgot / And never brought to mind? / Should old acquaintance be forgot / And auld lang syne?
It's that time of year! The time where we look back on the past 365 days, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and think how much we can't wait to do it all again next year.
As the Earth wraps up another revolution around the biggest star in our solar system, we get together with friends, family, and loved ones and countdown the final seconds of the year. "Auld Lang Syne" is a staple for any New Year's Eve because it captures the bittersweet taste of the holiday so well. Originally written as a Scots poem by Robert Burns, "Auld Lang Syne" encourages us to remember and cherish our long-lasting friendships while also embracing the present and future. Don't worry about the pronunciation of the titled lyrics though, you'll probs be too busy getting a midnight kiss to sing along anyway.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Image c/o Flickr/Ivan Pik
- Watch Coldplay Attempt to Write a 'Game Of Thrones' Musical
- 15 BBQ Anthems For Your Upcoming Summer Weekend
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden