Lyric of The Week: Bruno Mars Sings About Twilight?
Are you as excited as we are for the Twilight Breaking Dawn release this Friday??? We're actually camped out front of a movie theater right now writing this from inside our tent. Just kidding, we're totally at the office. Don't get us wrong though, we're still excited—just not enough to live in a sleeping bag for 3 days.
While we are pretty stoked to see Edward and Bella's wedding play out, we're just as curious about the soundtrack. Music for Twilight's past two installments included Radiohead, Muse, Iron & Wine, Paramore, Metric, and The Black Keys, so it's no surprise that we're dedicating our Lyric of the Week to a song off the Breaking Dawn soundtrack: Bruno Mars' "It Will Rain":
I'll never be your mother's favorite / Your daddy can't even look me in the eye / Oooh if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing / Saying there goes my little girl / walking with that troublesome guy
We're filing this under "most Twilight friendly lyric" because you can totally picture Edward singing this to Bella. "I'll never be your mother's favorite" because I'm a vampire and marrying me means that you have to be immortal? Pretty much.
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola