Lyric of The Week: Coldest Winter - Kanye West
You'd be forgiven for thinking that you time traveled today, but no dice; it's actually just the Winter Solstice—the shortest day of the year.
The winter solstice signifies the shortening of days, and the progressive lengthening of nights. So even though the sun may not be out for as long as you'd like, at least you'll have more time to party into the wee hours of the morning. Thanks, Mother Nature!
So for this Lyric of The Week, we thought we'd call upon one of our favorite party goers (and don't forget kilt-wearer!) to sing us into the season. In "Coldest Winter", Kanye sings about the memories he made in the coldest (literally and figuratively) season of them all:
Memories made in the coldest winter / Goodbye, my friend, will I ever love again?
In the words of Gucci Mane, "Burr!" Don't forget your toques and mitts, kids!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015