Lyric of The Week: Coldest Winter - Kanye West
You'd be forgiven for thinking that you time traveled today, but no dice; it's actually just the Winter Solstice—the shortest day of the year.
The winter solstice signifies the shortening of days, and the progressive lengthening of nights. So even though the sun may not be out for as long as you'd like, at least you'll have more time to party into the wee hours of the morning. Thanks, Mother Nature!
So for this Lyric of The Week, we thought we'd call upon one of our favorite party goers (and don't forget kilt-wearer!) to sing us into the season. In "Coldest Winter", Kanye sings about the memories he made in the coldest (literally and figuratively) season of them all:
Memories made in the coldest winter / Goodbye, my friend, will I ever love again?
In the words of Gucci Mane, "Burr!" Don't forget your toques and mitts, kids!
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend