_____ Lyric Of The Week: Gym Class Heroes Get Nostalgic
If I was an old-school, fifty pound boombox / Would you hold me on your shoulder, wherever you walk / Would you turn my volume up in front of the cops / And crank it higher every time they told you to stop
If you ever wanna take a trip down memory lane, let Gym Class Heroes be your escort since they seem to be pretty familiar with the area. Just look at their lyrics to "Stereo Hearts" (ft. Adam Levine) and you'll see what we mean.
Boomboxes, records, and mixtapes make appearances throughout the song, giving it that door-knocker earrings, shell toe shoes, fly girl, b-boy type of old school vibe. You know, back when people weren't so shy-pod and actually wanted to broadcast their music out on the streets.
Hmmm.. we're thinkin' if the nostalgic vibe of "Stereo Hearts" catches on, we just might have an old school revival on our hands. Toss out your iPods, kids. What's old is new again!
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola