_____ Lyric Of The Week: Gym Class Heroes Get Nostalgic
If I was an old-school, fifty pound boombox / Would you hold me on your shoulder, wherever you walk / Would you turn my volume up in front of the cops / And crank it higher every time they told you to stop
If you ever wanna take a trip down memory lane, let Gym Class Heroes be your escort since they seem to be pretty familiar with the area. Just look at their lyrics to "Stereo Hearts" (ft. Adam Levine) and you'll see what we mean.
Boomboxes, records, and mixtapes make appearances throughout the song, giving it that door-knocker earrings, shell toe shoes, fly girl, b-boy type of old school vibe. You know, back when people weren't so shy-pod and actually wanted to broadcast their music out on the streets.
Hmmm.. we're thinkin' if the nostalgic vibe of "Stereo Hearts" catches on, we just might have an old school revival on our hands. Toss out your iPods, kids. What's old is new again!
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze