_____ Lyric Of The Week: Gym Class Heroes Get Nostalgic
If I was an old-school, fifty pound boombox / Would you hold me on your shoulder, wherever you walk / Would you turn my volume up in front of the cops / And crank it higher every time they told you to stop
If you ever wanna take a trip down memory lane, let Gym Class Heroes be your escort since they seem to be pretty familiar with the area. Just look at their lyrics to "Stereo Hearts" (ft. Adam Levine) and you'll see what we mean.
Boomboxes, records, and mixtapes make appearances throughout the song, giving it that door-knocker earrings, shell toe shoes, fly girl, b-boy type of old school vibe. You know, back when people weren't so shy-pod and actually wanted to broadcast their music out on the streets.
Hmmm.. we're thinkin' if the nostalgic vibe of "Stereo Hearts" catches on, we just might have an old school revival on our hands. Toss out your iPods, kids. What's old is new again!
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics