Lyric of The Week: Kanye West Wants You To See Everything
Somewhere in the almost half-decade span between 2005-2009 Kanye West became better known for his egomaniacal antics than his actual music. Maybe it was something in his Fiji water, but the Louis Vuitton Don was riding high on a spree of brash political statements, GPOY's from the Inaugural ball with self-entitled captions, and tantrum-like awards show interruptions.
This is where My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy comes in. Easily one of Yeezy's most intimate and personal albums, Dark Twisted Fantasy was a game changer that gave the public an idea of what the mind of a musical genius is really like. Or at least what the mind of a person who says, "George Bush doesn't care about black people" is like. Ever since its release, Ye's lofty attitude has begun to slowly descend and his talent is at its peak brilliance. Given Kanye's musical comeback (come on, Graduation and 808s & Heartbreak weren't Yeezy's best work), we thought this verse (sung by Elton John) from "All Of The Lights" would make the perfect Lyric of the Week:
Turn up the lights in here, baby / Extra bright, I want y'all to see this / Turn up the lights in here, baby / You know what I need, want you to see everything
Get it? Now that Ye's got the lights on, his talent can truly shine. We're absolutely choked Dark Twisted Fantasy didn't make the Grammy cut for Album Of The Year. Not to mention Yeezy and Jay-Z's collab album Watch The Throne was shut out from that category as well. Thankfully "All Of The Lights" got a nod for Song Of The Year so here's hopin'. We're gunnin' for you, Ye!
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?