Lyric of the Week: Remembering Biggie Smalls 15 Years Later
Today, March 9th 2012, marks the 15th anniversary of Notorious B.I.G./Biggie Smalls/Christopher Wallace's death. The rap legend was gunned down in his car while leaving a party in 1997. As an artist with more posthumous releases than when he was alive, it's clear that Biggie's legacy continues to live on in the ever changing world of hip-hop.
Many artists are still influenced by the late Biggie Smalls' effortless flow, and catchy rhymes. It's not hard to see his talent shine through his lyrics which is why we chose him for this week's featured lyric. Here's a great line from his song "Hypnotize" (which happens to be the #1 Notorious B.I.G. song on MetroLyrics!)
"Dead right, if the head right, Biggie there every night / Poppa been smooth since days of Underroos / Never lose, never choose to, bruise crews who / Do something to us, talk go through us"
What's your favorite Biggie lyric? Let us know below!
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz