Lyric Of The Week (SXSW Edition): Fiona Apple's "Criminal"
As the festivities at Austin music & art conference South By Southwest (SXSW) unravel, some of today's hottest acts in music are making themselves heard all around the city. From pop heavyweights like Kanye West and Jay-Z to indie darlings The Shins to the classic rock god Bruce Springsteen, you never know who you're going to see at SXSW. Case in point: the rarely-leaves-LA singer-songwriter Fiona Apple, who might not be a household name but is a highly respected artist with a huge cult fan following.
The adorable performer strutted her stuff at the National Public Radio's evening showcase on Wednesday, March 14th, to an excited audience who were chomping at the bit to see their idol play live. The quirky songstress played three new songs from her (gasp) soon to be released 23-word long album The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do (aaaand take a breath). For her final number, Fiona closed with her biggest hit (and the most searched lyric on our site) "Criminal", which we have deemed our Lyric Of The Week:
"What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to redeemed
To the one I've sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola