Lyric of the Week: Usher - Climax
Usher has gone through a few transitions in his (long) career. He went from baby-faced slow-jam crooner, to dance-focussed superstar, to club-banger artist, and now he's entering yet another new phase: electro R&B! His new song "Climax" with Diplo is about a relationship that has run its course after too much on-again off-again shenanigans.
The song is a welcome departure from his previous simplistic dance hits like and "OMG" because it feels more genuine, and it really showcases the vocal talent that made Usher a star in the first place. This is a very relatable, bittersweet breakup song that will have heartbroken folks saying ""Yeah!" (sorry). Here's our lyric of the week:
Going nowhere fast / We've reached the climax / We're together, now we're undone / Won't commit so we choose to / Run away
What do you think of Usher's new song with producer extraordinaire Diplo? Let us know below!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars