Lyric of the Week: Usher - Climax
Usher has gone through a few transitions in his (long) career. He went from baby-faced slow-jam crooner, to dance-focussed superstar, to club-banger artist, and now he's entering yet another new phase: electro R&B! His new song "Climax" with Diplo is about a relationship that has run its course after too much on-again off-again shenanigans.
The song is a welcome departure from his previous simplistic dance hits like and "OMG" because it feels more genuine, and it really showcases the vocal talent that made Usher a star in the first place. This is a very relatable, bittersweet breakup song that will have heartbroken folks saying ""Yeah!" (sorry). Here's our lyric of the week:
Going nowhere fast / We've reached the climax / We're together, now we're undone / Won't commit so we choose to / Run away
What do you think of Usher's new song with producer extraordinaire Diplo? Let us know below!
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?