Lyric of the Week: Usher - Climax
Usher has gone through a few transitions in his (long) career. He went from baby-faced slow-jam crooner, to dance-focussed superstar, to club-banger artist, and now he's entering yet another new phase: electro R&B! His new song "Climax" with Diplo is about a relationship that has run its course after too much on-again off-again shenanigans.
The song is a welcome departure from his previous simplistic dance hits like and "OMG" because it feels more genuine, and it really showcases the vocal talent that made Usher a star in the first place. This is a very relatable, bittersweet breakup song that will have heartbroken folks saying ""Yeah!" (sorry). Here's our lyric of the week:
Going nowhere fast / We've reached the climax / We're together, now we're undone / Won't commit so we choose to / Run away
What do you think of Usher's new song with producer extraordinaire Diplo? Let us know below!
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet
- PREMIERE: Nickelback 'What Are You Waiting For?' Lyric Video
- Fall For These 15 Songs About Autumn
- Ring The Alarm! Jessie J's "Burnin' Up" Is, Duh, On Fire