Lyric Video Of The Day: Cher Lloyd ft. Mike Posner - With Ur Love
OK, so it's official: lyric videos are definitely trending right now, especially if you have a new single coming out and want to promote it. "With Ur Love", the second single from British singer/rapper Cher Lloyd, also features American singer/rapper/songwriter Mike Posner. But wait — you might not have heard of these acts before, so let's do a quick rundown:
Cher Lloyd was a contestant on the UK talent show The X-Factor and stood out because of her ability to rap AND sing — who'da thunk it? Unfortunately, she was eliminated from the show at fourth place, but was picked up by Syco Music and got to work with mega-pop producer (Lady Gaga, anyone?) RedOne. Her debut album is yet to be released, but the official release date for "With Ur Love" is October 30th, 2011.
Mike Posner got his start in the music biz by releasing mixtapes online, which helped him land a deal with J Records, under RCA/Sony. He's collaborated with the liked of Lil Wayne, Big Sean, and Bruno Mars, so the guy's well connected! Take a gander at his covers of Beyonce's "Halo" and Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" if you wanna see more from Mike.
Now, back to the lyric video: we're fans because of the turquoise/red color combo, hand drawn diamonds exploding everywhere, and even a couple of cute candy skulls thrown into the mix. The lyrics are reminiscent of Ke$ha's "Your Love Is My Drug", talking about how she just can't quit the love she's getting from her main squeeze.
How are you feeling this lyric video?
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?