Lyric Video Of The Day: Katy Perry's "Part Of Me"
Following Katy Perry's explosive performance of new single "Part Of Me" at the 2012 Grammy Awards last night, an official lyric video for the tune has popped up on the Internet. Always a fan of lyric videos, especially Katy's, it was one of the best things to wake up to this morning!
"Part Of Me" was released over a year ago as a demo, but Katy re-recorded the track ironically around the same time of her divorce from funnyman husband Russell Brand. Or, maybe Katy planned to release it around this time? Hmmm... *strokes chin*
The lyrics in "Part Of Me" are some of Katy's strongest yet. We love the following lines because Katy goes from vulnerable to vexed in five seconds flat:
"You took my light, you drained me down / That was then and this is now / Now look at me / This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no"
You can find the new single on Katy's reissue Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection (release date March 27th), or purchase "Part Of Me" by itself on iTunes. What are your thoughts on the powerful, fist-pumping breakup anthem?
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect