Lyric Video Of The Day: Katy Perry's "Part Of Me"
Following Katy Perry's explosive performance of new single "Part Of Me" at the 2012 Grammy Awards last night, an official lyric video for the tune has popped up on the Internet. Always a fan of lyric videos, especially Katy's, it was one of the best things to wake up to this morning!
"Part Of Me" was released over a year ago as a demo, but Katy re-recorded the track ironically around the same time of her divorce from funnyman husband Russell Brand. Or, maybe Katy planned to release it around this time? Hmmm... *strokes chin*
The lyrics in "Part Of Me" are some of Katy's strongest yet. We love the following lines because Katy goes from vulnerable to vexed in five seconds flat:
"You took my light, you drained me down / That was then and this is now / Now look at me / This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no"
You can find the new single on Katy's reissue Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection (release date March 27th), or purchase "Part Of Me" by itself on iTunes. What are your thoughts on the powerful, fist-pumping breakup anthem?
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics
- Surprise! Pink and City & Colour Form New Group You+Me
- AUDIO: John Newman Brings The Soul On Calvin Harris' "Blame"
- Tyler Glenn Tells Us Why He Wrote A Song About Loving Someone Who Didn't Love Him Back