Lyric Video Premiere: Flagship - "Are You Calling?"
Flagship pay homage to Bob Dylan in their spectacular lyric video: watch it here first!
Hailing from Charlotte, North Carolina, indie-rock five-piece Flagship is a band with a knack for melody and grandiose, open-air sounds. This October, they'll release their self-titled debut album, produced by critically acclaimed producer Ben Allen (Animal Collective, Washed Out, Youth Lagoon).
Lead singer/songwriter Drake Margolnick recently broke down the band's unique songwriting process. "Normallly we just start playing together, no talking, just playing. No planning," said Drake. "Once we have the song, I'll start mumbling and making noises and I'll find my melody during that process and then go and write the lyrics."
MetroLyrics is the exclusive premiere destination for Flagship's brand new "Are You Calling?" lyric video. The clip features a lone running figure, chasing the camera down an open gravel road, flipping through the song's lyrics scribed on giant poster cards — a nod to to Bob Dylan's legendary video for "Subterranean Homesick Blues" perhaps? The creative concept makes for an effective visual that's well suited to the song's lyrics. Watch it below.
Share your favorite lyric from "Are You Calling?" in the comments.
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola