Lyric Video Premiere: Flagship - "Are You Calling?"
Flagship pay homage to Bob Dylan in their spectacular lyric video: watch it here first!
Hailing from Charlotte, North Carolina, indie-rock five-piece Flagship is a band with a knack for melody and grandiose, open-air sounds. This October, they'll release their self-titled debut album, produced by critically acclaimed producer Ben Allen (Animal Collective, Washed Out, Youth Lagoon).
Lead singer/songwriter Drake Margolnick recently broke down the band's unique songwriting process. "Normallly we just start playing together, no talking, just playing. No planning," said Drake. "Once we have the song, I'll start mumbling and making noises and I'll find my melody during that process and then go and write the lyrics."
MetroLyrics is the exclusive premiere destination for Flagship's brand new "Are You Calling?" lyric video. The clip features a lone running figure, chasing the camera down an open gravel road, flipping through the song's lyrics scribed on giant poster cards — a nod to to Bob Dylan's legendary video for "Subterranean Homesick Blues" perhaps? The creative concept makes for an effective visual that's well suited to the song's lyrics. Watch it below.
Share your favorite lyric from "Are You Calling?" in the comments.
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics