Lyrics To Live By: 3 Songs That Serve As Mantras
Music can help us with many things. It can help us get through hard times, it can make us feel peaceful and calm, it can make us want to party, but perhaps most importantly it can help us formulate our very own outlook on life. Sometimes artists write lyrics and sing words in a way that can make us see the world differently. These songs are 3 chosen by you as songs to live by:
"You only live once: that's the motto n**** YOLO / We bout it every day, every day, every day"
You only live once, live like you were dying, live each day as if it were your last, this message has been said in so many ways but it basically means live life to the fullest. For whatever reason (probably due to the Twitter-friendly acronym), Drake's motto "#YOLO" has caught on in a big way.
"Work it, make it, do it, makes us / Harder, better, faster, stronger"
Daft Punk's classic dance jam sends the message of "always be improving." Who doesn't want to work harder (either at a job or at having fun), be better, be faster, and be a stronger person?
"Don't hide yourself in regret / Just love yourself and you're set / I'm on the right track, baby / I was born this way"
"Born This Way" is a message that swept the world when Lady Gaga released her hit song back in 2011. It's a message of acceptance, tolerance, and self-love that has helped legions of kids articulate why they deserve to be treated with respect.
What songs or lyrics serve as your mantra? Let us know in the comments!
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?