Lyrics To Live By: 3 Songs That Serve As Mantras
Music can help us with many things. It can help us get through hard times, it can make us feel peaceful and calm, it can make us want to party, but perhaps most importantly it can help us formulate our very own outlook on life. Sometimes artists write lyrics and sing words in a way that can make us see the world differently. These songs are 3 chosen by you as songs to live by:
"You only live once: that's the motto n**** YOLO / We bout it every day, every day, every day"
You only live once, live like you were dying, live each day as if it were your last, this message has been said in so many ways but it basically means live life to the fullest. For whatever reason (probably due to the Twitter-friendly acronym), Drake's motto "#YOLO" has caught on in a big way.
"Work it, make it, do it, makes us / Harder, better, faster, stronger"
Daft Punk's classic dance jam sends the message of "always be improving." Who doesn't want to work harder (either at a job or at having fun), be better, be faster, and be a stronger person?
"Don't hide yourself in regret / Just love yourself and you're set / I'm on the right track, baby / I was born this way"
"Born This Way" is a message that swept the world when Lady Gaga released her hit song back in 2011. It's a message of acceptance, tolerance, and self-love that has helped legions of kids articulate why they deserve to be treated with respect.
What songs or lyrics serve as your mantra? Let us know in the comments!
- We've Got the Lyrics to Jodeci's New Album Ahead of Its Release
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn