Lyrics To Live By: 3 Songs That Serve As Mantras
Music can help us with many things. It can help us get through hard times, it can make us feel peaceful and calm, it can make us want to party, but perhaps most importantly it can help us formulate our very own outlook on life. Sometimes artists write lyrics and sing words in a way that can make us see the world differently. These songs are 3 chosen by you as songs to live by:
"You only live once: that's the motto n**** YOLO / We bout it every day, every day, every day"
You only live once, live like you were dying, live each day as if it were your last, this message has been said in so many ways but it basically means live life to the fullest. For whatever reason (probably due to the Twitter-friendly acronym), Drake's motto "#YOLO" has caught on in a big way.
"Work it, make it, do it, makes us / Harder, better, faster, stronger"
Daft Punk's classic dance jam sends the message of "always be improving." Who doesn't want to work harder (either at a job or at having fun), be better, be faster, and be a stronger person?
"Don't hide yourself in regret / Just love yourself and you're set / I'm on the right track, baby / I was born this way"
"Born This Way" is a message that swept the world when Lady Gaga released her hit song back in 2011. It's a message of acceptance, tolerance, and self-love that has helped legions of kids articulate why they deserve to be treated with respect.
What songs or lyrics serve as your mantra? Let us know in the comments!
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School