March 8th Is International Women's Day: 8 Pop Songs To Celebrate Women
International Women's Day is something that has been celebrated since the early 1900's. Since then women around the world have come a long way and have fought for important rights and values. It's a time to celebrate! We chose 8 songs that celebrate and empower women, and they do another important thing: make us dance! Listen to the playlist below and don't forget to tell us your favorite songs that celebrate women...
"So what, am I not s'pposed to have an opinion? / Should I be quiet because I'm a woman? / Call me a b**** 'cause I speak what's on my mind / Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled"
"You don't have to love me / You don't even have to like me / But you will respect me / You know why? / 'Cause I'm a boss!"
"I'm not the average girl from your video / And I ain't built like a supermodel / But I learned to love myself unconditionally / Because I am a queen"
"I don't need a man to make it happen, I get off being free / I don't need a man to make me feel good, I get off doing my thing"
"All the women who are independent / Throw your hands up at me / All the honeys who makin' money / hrow your hands up at me"
"Oh, I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite / So don't let me have any rights / Oh, I've had it up to here"
"Wanna treat your woman right / Not just dough, better show / That you know she is worth your time"
"This goes out to all the women getting it in, you're on your grind / To other men that respect what I do please accept my shine"
What are your favorite women-centric songs? Tell us what you would put on your Women's Day playlist below...
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video