March 8th Is International Women's Day: 8 Pop Songs To Celebrate Women
International Women's Day is something that has been celebrated since the early 1900's. Since then women around the world have come a long way and have fought for important rights and values. It's a time to celebrate! We chose 8 songs that celebrate and empower women, and they do another important thing: make us dance! Listen to the playlist below and don't forget to tell us your favorite songs that celebrate women...
"So what, am I not s'pposed to have an opinion? / Should I be quiet because I'm a woman? / Call me a b**** 'cause I speak what's on my mind / Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled"
"You don't have to love me / You don't even have to like me / But you will respect me / You know why? / 'Cause I'm a boss!"
"I'm not the average girl from your video / And I ain't built like a supermodel / But I learned to love myself unconditionally / Because I am a queen"
"I don't need a man to make it happen, I get off being free / I don't need a man to make me feel good, I get off doing my thing"
"All the women who are independent / Throw your hands up at me / All the honeys who makin' money / hrow your hands up at me"
"Oh, I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite / So don't let me have any rights / Oh, I've had it up to here"
"Wanna treat your woman right / Not just dough, better show / That you know she is worth your time"
"This goes out to all the women getting it in, you're on your grind / To other men that respect what I do please accept my shine"
What are your favorite women-centric songs? Tell us what you would put on your Women's Day playlist below...
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola