Maroon 5 Collaborate With Wiz Khalifa On "Payphone"
With their latest album set to be their poppiest release yet, Maroon 5 has a new single featuring Wiz Khalifa that is positioned to become the next "Moves Like Jagger". The song is called "Payphone" and it pairs Adam Levine's vocals with a catchy melody and Wiz Khalifa's super-fast rap verse.
Overall, the song reminds us of Train or One Republic because of it's easy-listening, poppy vibe. The lyrics talk about a relationship that seems to be in a rut. The girl thinks things are nearing the end but Levine still wants to try to make things right. He reminds her of all the good times they've had and all of the plans they've made together, but will it work? "Payphone" is definitely in the same vein as the Levine-featuring song "Stereo Hearts" in that the lyrics are a main focus and the "payphone" is used as a metaphor for feeling distant and disconnected from your loved-one.
You can listen to the song now and buy it on iTunes. The rest of the album, which is called Overexposed, is set to be released on June 26th.
Do you like the first new Maroon 5 single? What do you think the rest of the album will sound like? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show