We Can't Stop Listening To Chloe Howl's "Rumour"
Listen to the song and check out handwritten lyrics that Chloe wrote for us!
If you're not familiar with Chloe Howl, it's time to get in the know. The 19-year-old UK pop-sensation was recently recognized in the BBC's "Sound of..." series and nominated for the Critic's Choice Award at the 2014 BRIT Awards. Now, she's bringing her talents across the pond to North America with the recent release of her Rumour EP. A few nights back we were lucky enough to check out her debut NYC show and can confirm that Chloe is definitely the real deal.
Chloe's music is full of hooks and melody, but what sets her apart from other teenage pop singers is her sharp, witty lyricism. Take her latest single "Rumour," for instance, a song where she sings about the difficulties of growing up by touching on topics like teenage pregnancy, overbearing parents, drug abuse, and, as the title suggests, the dreaded rumour mill. The song is a great example of the edgy songwriting that you can find on the rest of the EP, too.
While she was in town, Chloe took the time to handwrite out a couple verses and the chorus to "Rumour" for us. Check it out!
Head here to read the song's lyrics in full, and watch the new music video for "Rumour" below.
You can pick up Chloe Howl's Rumour EP right now on iTunes. And be sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Share your favorite lyric from "Rumour" in the comments below.
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School