We Can't Stop Listening To Chloe Howl's "Rumour"
Listen to the song and check out handwritten lyrics that Chloe wrote for us!
If you're not familiar with Chloe Howl, it's time to get in the know. The 19-year-old UK pop-sensation was recently recognized in the BBC's "Sound of..." series and nominated for the Critic's Choice Award at the 2014 BRIT Awards. Now, she's bringing her talents across the pond to North America with the recent release of her Rumour EP. A few nights back we were lucky enough to check out her debut NYC show and can confirm that Chloe is definitely the real deal.
Chloe's music is full of hooks and melody, but what sets her apart from other teenage pop singers is her sharp, witty lyricism. Take her latest single "Rumour," for instance, a song where she sings about the difficulties of growing up by touching on topics like teenage pregnancy, overbearing parents, drug abuse, and, as the title suggests, the dreaded rumour mill. The song is a great example of the edgy songwriting that you can find on the rest of the EP, too.
While she was in town, Chloe took the time to handwrite out a couple verses and the chorus to "Rumour" for us. Check it out!
Head here to read the song's lyrics in full, and watch the new music video for "Rumour" below.
You can pick up Chloe Howl's Rumour EP right now on iTunes. And be sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Share your favorite lyric from "Rumour" in the comments below.
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- QUIZ: Can We Guess Which Song You Can't Stand Right Now?
- The Ultimate St. Patrick's Day Playlist