Michael Jackson's Handwritten Lyrics To Be Auctioned Off
When it comes to handwritten lyrics, we're pretty sure owning the late King of Pop Michael Jackson's very own lyrics would be a dream come true. Enter Jackson's dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein, who was given an eight-and-a-half line verse from MJ himself, back in 2009 only months before he tragically passed away.
Dr. Klein is putting these lyrics up for auction on January 23rd in Los Angeles, and we're pretty sure the question on your minds right now is: just what song are the lyrics for? According to auctioneer Catherine Williamson, the handwritten note is "written in poetic format" and thinks they are "a work in progress or a song that has not been released". They expect the intriguing lyrics to get plenty of attention at auction time, and are valued between $3,000 - $5,000!
How much would you pay for MJ's handwritten lyrics? All I know is that I'd give an arm and a leg for handwritten "Billie Jean" lyrics any day!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars