Miley Cyrus Covers Bob Dylan
I've seen love go by my door / It's never been this close before / Never been so easy or so slow
She was once a tween queen but she can't be tamed anymore, you guys; Miley Cyrus is growing up before our eyes (and ears!). She's gone from wearing tiny outfits on stage and dancing suggestively around a pole (sorry to bring that up) to singing subdued and beautiful covers from great artists of years gone past.
Last year she covered Nirvana's angsty 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' but this year Miley is getting back to her country roots with a cover of Bob Dylan's 'You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go'. The performance is part of an Amnesty International fundraiser entitled Chimes Of Freedom: Songs Of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International, an album on which artists perform various Bob Dylan covers. Ke$ha is among the other artists featured. The lyrics of this song are a beautiful accompaniment to Miley's subtle country twang and this cover really showcases her voice.
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- UPDATE: Watch David Gray's Entire Live On Letterman Concert On-Demand