Miley Cyrus Covers Bob Dylan
I've seen love go by my door / It's never been this close before / Never been so easy or so slow
She was once a tween queen but she can't be tamed anymore, you guys; Miley Cyrus is growing up before our eyes (and ears!). She's gone from wearing tiny outfits on stage and dancing suggestively around a pole (sorry to bring that up) to singing subdued and beautiful covers from great artists of years gone past.
Last year she covered Nirvana's angsty 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' but this year Miley is getting back to her country roots with a cover of Bob Dylan's 'You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go'. The performance is part of an Amnesty International fundraiser entitled Chimes Of Freedom: Songs Of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International, an album on which artists perform various Bob Dylan covers. Ke$ha is among the other artists featured. The lyrics of this song are a beautiful accompaniment to Miley's subtle country twang and this cover really showcases her voice.
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School