Miley Cyrus's New Song Sparks Lyrics Controversy
We all love Miley's hot new track, but what about those words? See what the backlash is all about regarding Miley's song lyrics...
Image c/o Isaac Brekken (Getty)
As much as we love Miley Cyrus's track "We Can't Stop" that debuted this week, we are a little curious about the song's lyrical content. Is the pop diva really singing the lyrics Dancing with Molly or Dancing with Miley? According to the track's producer, Mike WiLL Made It, the line is not about using the popular party drug MDMA, aka Molly.
We find that a little hard to believe, because Miley clearly references cocaine in the song when she sings Everyone in line in the bathroom / Trying to get a line in the bathroom. Since we think Miley is old enough to do whatever she wants (the gal's 20, for goodness sake), it's not necessarily an issue with us, but we kind of agree with our friend Kendrick Lamar — we're a little tired of all the drug references in music these days. Don't you know you can have fun at parties without abusing substances? Say no to drugs, kids!
Do you think Miley is referencing the drug Molly in her new song? Let us know in the comments...
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend