Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" Was Originally Penned For Rihanna
Producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi...
Images c/o Jeff Bottari | AFP (Getty)
We have to say, we're a little shocked to hear this news: the songwriting team behind Miley Cyrus's epic comeback single, "We Can't Stop", originally wrote the track for Rihanna! Wouldn't Miley want a song written just for her, since she's one of the biggest stars on the planet right now? Talking to Vibe magazine, producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi:
"We originally wrote 'We Can't Stop' for Rihanna and we wound up giving it to Miley. We felt like this could be somebody's first single. We knew it wasn't going to be Rihanna's because at the time she already had 'Diamonds'...we didn't know who to give it to and [producer] Mike Will Made It was like, 'I'm in the studio with Miley. I want to play it for her because I think this will be dope for her."
Do you think that this song was the right choice for Miley? Should Rihanna have taken it? Vote in our poll:
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?