Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" Was Originally Penned For Rihanna
Producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi...
Images c/o Jeff Bottari | AFP (Getty)
We have to say, we're a little shocked to hear this news: the songwriting team behind Miley Cyrus's epic comeback single, "We Can't Stop", originally wrote the track for Rihanna! Wouldn't Miley want a song written just for her, since she's one of the biggest stars on the planet right now? Talking to Vibe magazine, producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi:
"We originally wrote 'We Can't Stop' for Rihanna and we wound up giving it to Miley. We felt like this could be somebody's first single. We knew it wasn't going to be Rihanna's because at the time she already had 'Diamonds'...we didn't know who to give it to and [producer] Mike Will Made It was like, 'I'm in the studio with Miley. I want to play it for her because I think this will be dope for her."
Do you think that this song was the right choice for Miley? Should Rihanna have taken it? Vote in our poll:
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'