Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop" Was Originally Penned For Rihanna
Producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi...
Images c/o Jeff Bottari | AFP (Getty)
We have to say, we're a little shocked to hear this news: the songwriting team behind Miley Cyrus's epic comeback single, "We Can't Stop", originally wrote the track for Rihanna! Wouldn't Miley want a song written just for her, since she's one of the biggest stars on the planet right now? Talking to Vibe magazine, producers Timothy and Teron Thomas of the team Rock City who wrote Rihanna's "Pour It Up" confessed that "We Can't Stop" was meant for Ms. RiRi:
"We originally wrote 'We Can't Stop' for Rihanna and we wound up giving it to Miley. We felt like this could be somebody's first single. We knew it wasn't going to be Rihanna's because at the time she already had 'Diamonds'...we didn't know who to give it to and [producer] Mike Will Made It was like, 'I'm in the studio with Miley. I want to play it for her because I think this will be dope for her."
Do you think that this song was the right choice for Miley? Should Rihanna have taken it? Vote in our poll:
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman