Miranda Lambert Dishes On Her Fave "Revenge" Lyrics
We all know about Miranda Lambert and her experiences with cheating, dishonesty, and overall lousiness of her relationships through her lyrics, so it's no surprise that this country cutie knows her stuff about in-your-face revenge tunes. Miranda sat down with Rolling Stone to tell them her fave tracks about putting somebody in their place, and we pulled our top picks & the reason why we love 'em:
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
This might be the grandaddy of all "cheating" songs. What girl doesn't blast this song to make them feel better about their unfaithful man? Clearly Miranda gets a kick out of it. Heck, you don't even have to experience a dude screwing you over to appreciate the extreme coolness of this track!
Cee-Lo Green - F**k You!
Forget Cee-Lo's censored version of this tune ("Forget You") — Miranda chose the full-blown swear-ridden "F**ck You!" Even from the guy's perspective, Miranda knows what it's like to see the object of her affection ridin' around town with the guy she looooves. Preach, Cee-Lo!
Ring The Alarm - Beyonce
Rawr! We love Beyonce's fierce ode to the supposed other woman in her stir-crazy video for "Ring The Alarm". Remember when there was a discussion going around that this song was about Rihanna? Miranda writes the same punchy revenge songs in the line of Bey's ultimate don't-piss-me-off anthem.
Have a look at full list that Miranda compiled for Rolling Stone: now that's a hard-hitting revenge playlist!
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Watch This Guy Prank Call C-SPAN Using Lyrics to The Fresh Prince Theme
- QUIZ: Can We Guess Which Song You Can't Stand Right Now?
- The Ultimate St. Patrick's Day Playlist
- Watch Sharon Van Etten Move This TV News Guy to Tears