Misheard Lyric Of The Week: DMX - X Gon' Give It To Ya
Bread c/o treehouse1977
Better get your temporary paw-print tattoos ready, because one of rap's most notable label crews is set for a reunion tour.
You heard right, folks, the crew that brought us DMX, Eve, Jadakiss, and (yes, initially!) Ma$e, has got reunion on the brain. So far, producer and non-MegaUpload owner, Swizz Beatz, as well as rapper Drag-On have signed on. Dmx is the one organizing the whole shebang so we know he's down, but still no confirmation from Eve, though she has expressed interest (fingers—I mean—paws crossed!).
We have a REALLY good feeling about this so to get us in a more 'ruff' mood, we thought we'd dedicate this week's Misheard Lyric to head honcho DMX himself. In "X Gon' Give It To Ya", DMX's generous line:
Break bread with the enemy
Sometimes gets misheard as:
Bake bread with the enemy
Considering how long he's been out of the game (his new album, Undisputed, is set for a late March release, and his last album before that, Year Of The Dog...Again, was released in 2006!), we wouldn't be surprised if he's found the time to take up a baking career.
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics