Misheard Lyric Of The Week: Silent Night
Images c/o Grzegorz ?obi?ski/Flickr, hkase/Flickr, and neachic.blogspot.com
It's time to dust off ye olde Christmas Carol books and spread joy (or headaches) to your surrounding neighbourhoods. Whether we love to hate, hate to love, or genuinely love to love those Christmas chanteuses floating up and down the sidewalk, one thing we can all agree to appreciate is the lone lyrically challenged caroler.
There's always that one person just wingin' it because they've had too many rum and eggnogs the night before. So when it comes to slow jam "Silent Night", instead of singing:
Correct Lyric: Sleep in heavenly peace
They're out to lunch with:
Misheard Lyric: Sleep in heavenly peas
Oops! Looks like someone's got their mind on tomorrow's Christmas dinner.
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'