MLB Opening Day: 3 Baseball Songs To Celebrate!
It's the time of year when baseball fans are gearing up to go back to America's Favorite Pastime. That's right, it's Major League Baseball opening day! In honor of the surely exciting season to come, we picked out 3 songs about baseball...
"I had a friend was a big baseball player back in high school / He could throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool, boy"
This is one of Springsteen's most recognizable and best-loved songs ever. It's a tribute to those who remember their best years, and still can't seem to let go.
"Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes / You know I think it's time to give this game a ride"
This catchy tune full of handclaps and baseball nostalgia has become a staple at ballparks everywhere. John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote this song after being inspired as a spectator at a baseball game himself!
"I said but now we're up in the BIG LEAGUES / My dirty it's our turn at bat / And just as long as we livin, it's Lunatics playa / It ain't nuttin wrong with that, huh - Batter up!"
Nelly and the St. Lunatics use baseball as a metaphor for "making it" in the big leagues of life/the music industry but the video is a totally literal, Dirty South version of a community baseball game. We don't think MLB would allow their players to wear bikinis though...
What are your favorite songs about baseball? Let us know below!
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video