MLB Opening Day: 3 Baseball Songs To Celebrate!
It's the time of year when baseball fans are gearing up to go back to America's Favorite Pastime. That's right, it's Major League Baseball opening day! In honor of the surely exciting season to come, we picked out 3 songs about baseball...
"I had a friend was a big baseball player back in high school / He could throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool, boy"
This is one of Springsteen's most recognizable and best-loved songs ever. It's a tribute to those who remember their best years, and still can't seem to let go.
"Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes / You know I think it's time to give this game a ride"
This catchy tune full of handclaps and baseball nostalgia has become a staple at ballparks everywhere. John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote this song after being inspired as a spectator at a baseball game himself!
"I said but now we're up in the BIG LEAGUES / My dirty it's our turn at bat / And just as long as we livin, it's Lunatics playa / It ain't nuttin wrong with that, huh - Batter up!"
Nelly and the St. Lunatics use baseball as a metaphor for "making it" in the big leagues of life/the music industry but the video is a totally literal, Dirty South version of a community baseball game. We don't think MLB would allow their players to wear bikinis though...
What are your favorite songs about baseball? Let us know below!
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School