My 3 Songs: For Getting Over a Case of the "Monday's"
Okay so, on a Monday morning the LAST thing you want to hear is somebody ask you if you have a "case of the Monday's". The weekend is over, the whole work or school week is in front of you and it's all uphill from here. Monday is usually not a favorite day of the week but YOU are in control of how you feel about it (not to get all motivational-speaker on you) and you can totally change your outlook with a little music and lyrics!
Songs and song lyrics have the power to change your mood and your outlook on life so on this Monday, we give you 3 songs (as chosen by our Facebook friends) to battle the Monday blues!
1. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
submitted by Igor Leporis
Wake me up before you go go / Don't leave me hanging on like a yo yo / Wake me up before you go go / I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
You just KNOW that a band with an exclamation mark in their name is going to be upbeat! Listen to this when you wake up on Monday morning to feel an extra spring in your step!
2. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
submitted by Claudia IsreadyforsumFootball Meekins
I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night / That tonight's gonna be a good night
There's nothing wrong with listening to party music on a Monday, right? RIGHT! This tune is a pick-me-up no matter what time of day, even if "tonight" on a Monday means going home to your favorite TV show and your couch.
3. Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
submitted by Michelle Painter Williams
I'm walking on sunshine / And it's starting to feel good, hey / All right now / And it's starting to feel good
This song is about realizing the person you love loves you back, what could be happier than that?
So what are your favorite jams to listen to on a Monday? Do you prefer music that reflects your misery, or music that can get you out of a funk?
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything