My 3 Songs: For Getting Over a Case of the "Monday's"
Okay so, on a Monday morning the LAST thing you want to hear is somebody ask you if you have a "case of the Monday's". The weekend is over, the whole work or school week is in front of you and it's all uphill from here. Monday is usually not a favorite day of the week but YOU are in control of how you feel about it (not to get all motivational-speaker on you) and you can totally change your outlook with a little music and lyrics!
Songs and song lyrics have the power to change your mood and your outlook on life so on this Monday, we give you 3 songs (as chosen by our Facebook friends) to battle the Monday blues!
1. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
submitted by Igor Leporis
Wake me up before you go go / Don't leave me hanging on like a yo yo / Wake me up before you go go / I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
You just KNOW that a band with an exclamation mark in their name is going to be upbeat! Listen to this when you wake up on Monday morning to feel an extra spring in your step!
2. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
submitted by Claudia IsreadyforsumFootball Meekins
I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night / That tonight's gonna be a good night
There's nothing wrong with listening to party music on a Monday, right? RIGHT! This tune is a pick-me-up no matter what time of day, even if "tonight" on a Monday means going home to your favorite TV show and your couch.
3. Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
submitted by Michelle Painter Williams
I'm walking on sunshine / And it's starting to feel good, hey / All right now / And it's starting to feel good
This song is about realizing the person you love loves you back, what could be happier than that?
So what are your favorite jams to listen to on a Monday? Do you prefer music that reflects your misery, or music that can get you out of a funk?
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola