My 3 Songs: Lyrics About Snow
Image c/o quinet/Flickr.
If you're like me, you've got a love/hate relationship with snow. When Jack Frost would blow through town during my younger days I would get so hyped. Like, Beyonce pregnancy announcement hyped. My Decembers would just be a flurry of snowball fights, snow forts, igloos, snowmen, and snow angels.
However, now that I'm older, snow's lustre has kinda worn off... My experience with the magical white fluffy stuff has turned into traffic jams, wet socks, and having grey slush hit me in the face every time a bus drives by. But as bitter as I've become about snow, I can't stay mad at something so pretty and sparkly and pure forever. And let's not forget that snow gives us the treasured Snow Day... (cue my grandpa's "When I was your age I walked to school in the snow uphill both ways" speech).
So in honor of that condensed moisture falling from the sky, here are 3 songs (as suggested by our Facebook users) about snow:
3. Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Submitted by Jordan Inglis)
Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder / Where it's so white as snow / Running through the field / Where all my tracks will be concealed
Pro: snow will totally cover your tracks if you're running away from someone/something. Your problems, the law, your neighbor's dog, anything!
2. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (Submitted by Michelle Painter Williams)
If I lay here / If I just lay here / Would you lie with me / And just forget the world?
Okay, so this isn't exactly a song about snow...but it is Snow Patrol so that counts, right? Plus, just laying in the snow and watching all the snowflakes fall around you is one of the best things to do in the winter.
1. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Bing Crosby (Submitted by Megan Williams)
Oh, the weather outside is frightful / But the fire is so delightful / And since we've no place to go / Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
A holiday classic! "Let It Snow!" reminds us that even if we hate all that blizzardy slush outside, at least it gives us an excuse to snuggle up with our loved ones inside.
Okay, okay, I think I'm finally warming up to this whole snow idea. Brb, being festive.
- WATCH Eminem ft. Sia's "Guts Over Fear" Lyric Video
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops