My 3 Songs: Lyrics That'll Make You Bust A Move
Photo: Don O'Brien (dok1) Flickr
Everyone's got that one go-to song that gets their feet tappin' and hips swayin' — a song that makes even the wiltiest of wallflowers dance.
Keeping up the tradition of gettin' your groove on is the new Footloose movie which came out just a few days ago. So to honor our favorite 80s musical film, we're dedicating this week's My 3 Songs to the best dance anthems. Grab your tube socks, scrunchies and kick off your Sunday shoes, it's time bust a move!
1. Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District (Submitted by Renzo Vanzuela Balaoro)
So I'm on my shoulders and I take it real low / Dey like "how you da dat?" he can dougie on the floor / And when dat n*gga stop they like "dougie somemore!" / I'm like a n*gga kinda tired so, I pass it to da bro!
Just when you thought you had heard "Teach Me How To Dougie" for the last time, it creeps back into your life. 2010 was the year of the Dougie, with everyone from the Jersey Shore boys to Justin Bieber giving free tutorials. The Dougie might be on its way out, so if you haven't perfected this move by now, you best get to it before your parents catch on...
2. Shake Your Bon Bon - Ricky Martin (Submitted by Sharon Liriano)
We'll go around the world in a day / 'Round the world we'll do the fine tango / Shake your bon-bon / Shake your bon-bon
Anyone can dance to a good ol' fashioned rump-shaker, and that's exactly what "Shake Your Bon Bon" is. Unlike "Teach Me How To Dougie" this song gives you pretty direct dance instructions and no slang terminology. Just do what it says: shake your bon bon. Easy peasy!
3. Rock With You - Michael Jackson (Submitted by Stephanie Hoyne)
I wanna rock with you all night / Dance you into day, sunlight / I wanna rock with you all night / We gon' rock the night away
Sometimes you just wanna forget all your troubles and dance with your hunny! But hey, if you ain't got one, no worries. Dancing with yourself does the trick, too!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist