My 3 Songs: Lyrics That'll Make You Bust A Move
Photo: Don O'Brien (dok1) Flickr
Everyone's got that one go-to song that gets their feet tappin' and hips swayin' — a song that makes even the wiltiest of wallflowers dance.
Keeping up the tradition of gettin' your groove on is the new Footloose movie which came out just a few days ago. So to honor our favorite 80s musical film, we're dedicating this week's My 3 Songs to the best dance anthems. Grab your tube socks, scrunchies and kick off your Sunday shoes, it's time bust a move!
1. Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District (Submitted by Renzo Vanzuela Balaoro)
So I'm on my shoulders and I take it real low / Dey like "how you da dat?" he can dougie on the floor / And when dat n*gga stop they like "dougie somemore!" / I'm like a n*gga kinda tired so, I pass it to da bro!
Just when you thought you had heard "Teach Me How To Dougie" for the last time, it creeps back into your life. 2010 was the year of the Dougie, with everyone from the Jersey Shore boys to Justin Bieber giving free tutorials. The Dougie might be on its way out, so if you haven't perfected this move by now, you best get to it before your parents catch on...
2. Shake Your Bon Bon - Ricky Martin (Submitted by Sharon Liriano)
We'll go around the world in a day / 'Round the world we'll do the fine tango / Shake your bon-bon / Shake your bon-bon
Anyone can dance to a good ol' fashioned rump-shaker, and that's exactly what "Shake Your Bon Bon" is. Unlike "Teach Me How To Dougie" this song gives you pretty direct dance instructions and no slang terminology. Just do what it says: shake your bon bon. Easy peasy!
3. Rock With You - Michael Jackson (Submitted by Stephanie Hoyne)
I wanna rock with you all night / Dance you into day, sunlight / I wanna rock with you all night / We gon' rock the night away
Sometimes you just wanna forget all your troubles and dance with your hunny! But hey, if you ain't got one, no worries. Dancing with yourself does the trick, too!
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!