My 3 Songs: Songs About Tattoos
This week we asked our Facebook and Twitter friends to tell us the best songs about Tattoos. Right now we're obsessed with Zombie Boy, the Montreal artist and model who has his whole body tattooed and appeared in Lady Gaga's video for Born This Way. Today, an ad for a cosmetic concealer came out featuring Zombie Boy (aka Rick Genest) where all his tattoos were completely covered, and it totally blew our minds!
Pretty cool, right? Tattoos, depending on who you ask, can be taboo (ha! Rhymes!), but there's no denying that they're becoming extremely popular. So popular that it's not unusual for them to show up as subjects for popular songs. Here are 3 songs (chosen by you!) about tattoos:
1. Tattoo - Jordin Sparks (submitted by Matt Bateman)
You're still a part of everything I do / You're on my heart just like a tattoo / Just like a tattoo / I'll always have you
A tattoo is permanent and, according to Jordin Sparks, so is the memory of a love gone wrong.
2. Tattoos On This Town - Jason Aldean (submitted by Brittany Boatwright)
It sure left its mark on us, we sure left our mark on it / We let the world know we were here with everything we did / We laid a lot of memories down like tattoos on this town
In this song, which we've written about before, "tattoos" are the stamps (tire tracks, carved initials) that were left behind on a town by the people who grew up there. It also talks about the mark that is left on one by their hometown, which is kinda nice!
3. Ink My Whole Body - Wiz Khalifa (submitted by Jon Don)
Got so many tats, you can't even count 'em up / In the shop every week, I can't seem to get enough / My aunt said my skin too clean to mark it up / But I'ma ink my whole body, I don't give a motherf***
This song is straight up just about tattoos. Wiz isn't using a tattoo as a metaphor for anything, but if you know what he looks like you'll know that he's experienced in ink.
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'