My 3 Songs: Uplifting Sports Tunes For The Summer Olympics
With all of the big winners at the 2012 Summer Olympics, we thought we should dedicate this edition of My 3 Songs to the hard-working, patriotic athletes and their medal-winning efforts. We asked you guys on our Facebook page which sports songs lift you up, and with all of your great submissions, we had a hard time picking just three! Here are your picks for the best 3 songs about being the best player you can be...
3. Metallica — Fuel (submitted by Red Wing)
"Gimme fuel, gimme fire / Gimme that which I desire"
We'd definitely blast thing song if we were an Olympic athlete in training! The lyrics are all about motivation and desire for reaching your goal, and in this case, it's winning that gold medal!
2. K'Nann — Wavin' Flag (submitted by Aparna More)
"When I get older, I will be stronger / They'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flag / And then it goes back, and then it goes back"
As shown in the picture above, if you picture waving your country's flag when you win big, it's the perfect way to inspire the athletes to keep going!
1. R.Kelly — Sign Of A Victory (submitted by Johnson Enitan Sunday Sureperson)
"I see the light at the end of the tunnel / And I can feel heaven in its place / And that's the sign of a victory"
These lyrics speak for themselves, don't they? It's what every Olympic athlete is thinking when they're super close to winning a medal, and in this case, a victory.
What other sports songs should we dedicate to the Olympic athletes? Let us know in the comments!
- WIN Taylor Swift's Autographed Sheet Music to 'Shake If Off'
- How Many Times Will You Watch One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Video?
- Dave Grohl Explains How The Place You Live Inspires Your Songwriting
- Stream These 15 Boo-tiful Songs About Ghosts
- It's Official! Taylor Swift's '1989' Track List Has Landed
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- You Won't Forget These Handwritten "Amnesia" Lyrics from 5SOS