My 3 Songs: You Think The Obama Should Sing...
The President of the United States is a notoriously good sport. You have to have a thick skin to laugh when the media makes fun of you, when the opposition tears down your policies, and when Donald Trump bullies you (just his hair is enough to make us run and hide). We like when he comes out of serious-mode and into fun-loving cool-guy mode which is why his recent performance of Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" put a huge smile on our faces.
We wanted to keep this singing-President thing going so we asked YOU what song you'd like to hear Obama sing. We'll draft up an official letter and send it along to the White House with your requests...
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. (submitted by Christopher Weeden)
Born in the U.S.A. / I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A. / Born in the U.S.A.
Good suggestion — Obama could sing this song at Donald Trump's next roast! We know it's about the Vietnam war, and the subject matter isn't exactly the happiest, but the sentiment is still there.
Bill Withers - Lean On Me (submitted by Rob Bosnic and Jennifer Moffett)
Lean on me, when you're not strong / And I'll be your friend / I'll help you carry on
His campaign motto was "Yes We Can" so you know the Prez is a strong dude. You can (figuratively) lean on him when you feel weak because he has the power! He can change the world!
Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (submitted by Anita Zwick)
This is all so crazy, everybody seems so famous / My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda homesick
We bet those lyrics perfectly illustrate how Obama felt when he was first elected to office...right? Okay, maybe not but it's cute to think of! He definitely PARTIED as hard as Miley when he won the Presidential seat!
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show