My 3 Songs: Your Favorite Beatles Tunes
We just discovered that on this day in 1970, the Beatles song "Let It Be" (arguably one of their most famous tunes, and the 3rd most popular Beatles song on our site) was #1 on the Billboard charts. Amazingly, The Beatles hold the record so far for most #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100. Do you know how many they have? A whopping TWENTY #1 hits. In honour of their greatness and in honour of the record they hold, we asked you to tell us your favorite Beatles song ever. Here are 3 great picks:
"Well do you, don't you want me to make you? / I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you / Tell me, tell me, tell me your answer / You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer"
This is one of the most hard-rocking Beatles songs ever, and music historians agree that it was a key influence in the development of heavy-metal music. It's pretty amazing how versatile the band was!
"She loves you, yeah yeah yeah / She loves you, yeah yeah yeah / With a love like that / You know you should be glad"
This easy-to-sing dance song was the band's best selling UK single EVER. It's one of their earlier songs and was released in 1963.
1. Let It Be
"And when the brokenhearted people / Living in the world agree / There will be an answer, let it be"
You didn't think we'd leave "Let It Be" out, did you? It's arguably the most iconic Beatles song and it was their final single before Paul McCartney announced his departure from the band.
What's your favorite Beatles song ever? Let us know in the comments!
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video