My Musical Mind: James Durbin
Often toted as the guy who "brought heavy metal to the American Idol stage," James Durbin is ready to rock you. When he appeared last season on American Idol, he made a splash as the rocker who took risks, performing songs by Queen and Muse, and later performing with the legendary metal band Judas Priest on the Idol stage.
Since the American Idol stepping stone, Durbin has gone on to release a debut album entitled Memories of a Beautiful Disaster. He had the opportunity to work with famous musicians and producers on the album, including a member of Mötley Crüe and his favorite band, Hardcore Superstar. All the hard work on his debut paid off. Of his album, Durbin says: "I didn't want to make something that was straightforward the entire time or one lane. I wanted it to have lots of depth and to be a timeless classic." We wanted to know more about this up-and-coming rocker so we asked him to fill out our My Musical Mind survey. Here's what he had to say...
If you didn't hear, we also have a contest going on right now where you can win a copy of handwritten James Durbin lyrics that you should check out. Just sayin'.
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"