My Musical Mind: James Durbin
Often toted as the guy who "brought heavy metal to the American Idol stage," James Durbin is ready to rock you. When he appeared last season on American Idol, he made a splash as the rocker who took risks, performing songs by Queen and Muse, and later performing with the legendary metal band Judas Priest on the Idol stage.
Since the American Idol stepping stone, Durbin has gone on to release a debut album entitled Memories of a Beautiful Disaster. He had the opportunity to work with famous musicians and producers on the album, including a member of Mötley Crüe and his favorite band, Hardcore Superstar. All the hard work on his debut paid off. Of his album, Durbin says: "I didn't want to make something that was straightforward the entire time or one lane. I wanted it to have lots of depth and to be a timeless classic." We wanted to know more about this up-and-coming rocker so we asked him to fill out our My Musical Mind survey. Here's what he had to say...
If you didn't hear, we also have a contest going on right now where you can win a copy of handwritten James Durbin lyrics that you should check out. Just sayin'.
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video