my musical mind: JoJo
Our girl JoJo may just be 20 years old, but she's got a lot of music industry experience under her belt. Remember when she broke onto the scene at 13 with her smash single "Leave (Get Out)"? We still sing it in the shower to this day. JoJo's always been known for her girl-power anthems about giving guys the brush-off, but her latest single off her upcoming album Jumping Trains shows a bit of a softer side from the strong-willed singer. "Disaster" is about a love that fell apart, but it doesn't end in JoJo talking down to her ex: it's got more of a "beautiful goodbye" theme to it. JoJo's clearly matured over the years, both musically and lyrically, so fans that loved her at 13 have grown up as well and will appreciate her new direction. Look out for JoJo's third album dropping early 2012, and the video for "Disaster" by the end of October!
And now for Jojo's edition of my musical mind: click the image to view it full-size...
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz