my musical mind: LIGHTS
This week's my musical mind is none other than our favorite Canadian synth-pop artist, LIGHTS! And in case you're wondering, yes, "Lights" is her legal name (now that's commitment!).
For those of you unfamiliar with her music, it's kind of what you would imagine a space warrior princess might create as the soundtrack to her intergalactic battles. She's mentioned that her main influence is Björk so similar to the Icelandic oddball, LIGHTS' sound is airy, spacey, electric, and sorta nerdy...in a good way.
To date, she's got three Juno noms and one award for best new artist in 2009 and her debut album, The Listening was given gold certification by the Canadian Recording Industry Association for its sale of 40,000 units. If you're waiting for your next space adventure with LIGHTS, lift off for her next album, Siberia, is in T-minus 6 days on October 4th. In the meantime, check out the lil' questionnaire we had the musical space cadet fill out. To infinity and beyond!
[Click to make the image bigger]
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan