my musical mind: LIGHTS
This week's my musical mind is none other than our favorite Canadian synth-pop artist, LIGHTS! And in case you're wondering, yes, "Lights" is her legal name (now that's commitment!).
For those of you unfamiliar with her music, it's kind of what you would imagine a space warrior princess might create as the soundtrack to her intergalactic battles. She's mentioned that her main influence is Björk so similar to the Icelandic oddball, LIGHTS' sound is airy, spacey, electric, and sorta nerdy...in a good way.
To date, she's got three Juno noms and one award for best new artist in 2009 and her debut album, The Listening was given gold certification by the Canadian Recording Industry Association for its sale of 40,000 units. If you're waiting for your next space adventure with LIGHTS, lift off for her next album, Siberia, is in T-minus 6 days on October 4th. In the meantime, check out the lil' questionnaire we had the musical space cadet fill out. To infinity and beyond!
[Click to make the image bigger]
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect