New Album: Bruce Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball"
Can you believe that Bruce has been making music for almost 40 years? Released only yesterday, Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen is back in the game with his seventeenth studio album entitled Wrecking Ball. With a name like that, you know you're going to get some hard-hitting rock tracks! Get it? Get it?
Regarding the lyrical content in Wrecking Ball, American music critic, manager and record producer Jon Landau states "The lyrics tell a story you can't hear anywhere else and the music is his most innovative of recent years". For example, "We Take Care Of Our Own" (performed at the 2012 Grammys) is a lyrical tale of how society has forced individuals to be, well, individuals! It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and it's everybody for themselves.
"We Are Alive", the closing track on the album, has a bit of an Irish campfire song feel to it, with the lyrics honoring hard-working people of the past: strikers, protesters, immigrant workers, and anybody feeling oppressed.
Listen to "We Are Alive" and let us know what you think:
Any "Boss" fans in the house? Will you be picking up Wrecking Ball?
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video