News: Girls Do Indeed Run The (Pop) World!
Now that 2011 is officially in its second half (crazy right?), Billboard has referenced the album sales #'s on NielsenSoundscan to see who is currently leading the pack. Here's the top 20:
1. Adele - 21 (2,517,000)
2. Lady Gaga - Born This Way (1,540,000)
3. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (982,000)
4. Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party (763,000)
5. Bruno Mars - Doo Wops & Hooligans (686,000)
6. Justin Bieber - Never Say Never: The Remixes (EP) (676,000)
7. Chris Brown - F.A.M.E. (646,000)
8. Various Artists - Now 37 (637,000)
9. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday (609,000)
10. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (600,000)
11. Rihanna Loud - (598,000)
12. Britney Spears - Femme Fatale (590,000)
13. Taylor Swift - Speak Now (563,000)
14. P!nk - Greatest Hits (530,000)
15. Justin Bieber - My World 2.0 (524,000)
16. Eminem - Recovery (517,000)
17. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (497,000)
18. Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers (484,000)
19. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now (473,000)
20. Various - Now 38 (440,000)
Way to steal the #1 and #2 spots, Adele & LG!
Oh, and guess what? Compared to this time a year ago, album sales are wayyy up, marking the first mid-year gain in SEVEN YEARS. Pretty cool.
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show