Nicki Minaj Comes Home In Her "Pound The Alarm" Music Video
Not gonna lie — we're definitely thinking about booking a direct plane ticket to Trinidad after watching Nicki Minaj's new video for "Pound The Alarm". The whole video is essentially a tourist advertisement for the gorgeous Carribean island, with its shots of sprawling mountainsides, fresh markets, and of course the Trinidad and Tobago Carnival. As Nicki prances around her hometown with her fellow feather-clad dancers, it's hard to resist the urge to head over to our local craft store, buy as much plumage as possible, and jet down to the south isles for some Trinidadian frolic and fun. Nicki's anthemic chorus "Oh, oh, oh, come fill my glass up a little more / We 'bout to get up, and burn this floor / You know we getting hotter and hotter / Sexy and hotter, let's shut it down / Pound the alarm!" sets the perfect tone for their Carnival party — we bet after watching the clip, you'll be dancing in your seat!
Watch Nicki's brand new "Pound The ALarm" video below on VEVO:
What do you think of Nicki's new single and vid? Let us know!
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'