Nicki Minaj Threw Major Shade at Iggy Azalea During the BET Awards
I take it she's not a fan of "Fancy."
(Image via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Nicki Minaj won the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist for the fifth year running at last night's BET Awards, and during her acceptance speech took the time to throw a little shade in the direction of fellow-nominee and "Fancy" hitmaker Iggy Azalea. Though Nicki never mentions Iggy by name, her comments were pointed. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," said the "Pills N Potions" MC, seemingly offering her take on the rumors that Iggy Azalea makes use of a ghostwriter to write her raps. And despite immediately following up with "no, no, no shade," it's obvious she was in fact throwing MEGA SHADE. Watch video of Nicki's full acceptance speech below.
In case you're not entirely sold, watch this Vine of Nicki dancing during Iggy's performance of "Fancy" and try and tell me Nicki meant it when she said "no shade."
Was Nicki throwing shade at Iggy during her acceptance speech? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman