Nicki Minaj Threw Major Shade at Iggy Azalea During the BET Awards
I take it she's not a fan of "Fancy."
(Image via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Nicki Minaj won the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist for the fifth year running at last night's BET Awards, and during her acceptance speech took the time to throw a little shade in the direction of fellow-nominee and "Fancy" hitmaker Iggy Azalea. Though Nicki never mentions Iggy by name, her comments were pointed. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," said the "Pills N Potions" MC, seemingly offering her take on the rumors that Iggy Azalea makes use of a ghostwriter to write her raps. And despite immediately following up with "no, no, no shade," it's obvious she was in fact throwing MEGA SHADE. Watch video of Nicki's full acceptance speech below.
Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
Live it up this NYE by blasting our Spotify / YouTube playlist featuring 2014's best hits + party favorites...More
In case you're not entirely sold, watch this Vine of Nicki dancing during Iggy's performance of "Fancy" and try and tell me Nicki meant it when she said "no shade."
Was Nicki throwing shade at Iggy during her acceptance speech? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect