Nicki Minaj Threw Major Shade at Iggy Azalea During the BET Awards
I take it she's not a fan of "Fancy."
(Image via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Nicki Minaj won the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist for the fifth year running at last night's BET Awards, and during her acceptance speech took the time to throw a little shade in the direction of fellow-nominee and "Fancy" hitmaker Iggy Azalea. Though Nicki never mentions Iggy by name, her comments were pointed. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," said the "Pills N Potions" MC, seemingly offering her take on the rumors that Iggy Azalea makes use of a ghostwriter to write her raps. And despite immediately following up with "no, no, no shade," it's obvious she was in fact throwing MEGA SHADE. Watch video of Nicki's full acceptance speech below.
In case you're not entirely sold, watch this Vine of Nicki dancing during Iggy's performance of "Fancy" and try and tell me Nicki meant it when she said "no shade."
Was Nicki throwing shade at Iggy during her acceptance speech? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- 10 Fun Facts About John Legend's 'All of Me'
- Is Jason Derulo's "Bubblegum" His Next Big Poppin' Hit?
- The Game's "Don't Shoot" Is One Of The Most Important Songs You'll Hear All Day
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City