Nicki Minaj Threw Major Shade at Iggy Azalea During the BET Awards
I take it she's not a fan of "Fancy."
(Image via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Nicki Minaj won the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist for the fifth year running at last night's BET Awards, and during her acceptance speech took the time to throw a little shade in the direction of fellow-nominee and "Fancy" hitmaker Iggy Azalea. Though Nicki never mentions Iggy by name, her comments were pointed. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," said the "Pills N Potions" MC, seemingly offering her take on the rumors that Iggy Azalea makes use of a ghostwriter to write her raps. And despite immediately following up with "no, no, no shade," it's obvious she was in fact throwing MEGA SHADE. Watch video of Nicki's full acceptance speech below.
Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
Live it up this NYE by blasting our Spotify / YouTube playlist featuring 2014's best hits + party favorites...More
In case you're not entirely sold, watch this Vine of Nicki dancing during Iggy's performance of "Fancy" and try and tell me Nicki meant it when she said "no shade."
Was Nicki throwing shade at Iggy during her acceptance speech? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015