Nicki Minaj Will Go Back To Her Rap Roots On New Record
Sitting down with Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg, Nicki had this to say about her new music: "I am not your typical rapper. I'm choosing to get back to my essence and just feed the core hip-hop fans..."
Image c/o David Becker (Getty)
Remember when Kanye West's "Monster" first hit the radar and everybody was amazed at up-and-coming hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj's rap skills? The diva's flow was so impressive that she became one of the biggest stars on the planet, especially with her hit "Superbass". Her latest record, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, The Re-Up was definitely a decent hip-hop compilation, but Nicki has been known to be extremely, well, POP these days. Which is why she's decided to go back to her rap roots on her next record.
Sitting down with Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg, Nicki had this to say about her new music: "I am not your typical rapper. I'm choosing to get back to my essence and just feed the core hip-hop fans. Rapping helps me stay on my grind. I'm very competitive when it comes to wordplay, my writing, my flow." What do you think about Nicki's news about her next album? Vote in our poll below:
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now