Nicki Minaj's "Stupid H**" — A Lyrical Diss To Lil' Kim?
It's a fact: Nicki Minaj is crazy. Crazy beats, crazy rhymes, crazy hair, crazy jumpsuits...crazy's kiiind of her thing, and she's proud of it. With word of her second album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded coming out on Valentine's Day 2012, Nicki's slowly releasing track by track, and the latest to come out? "Stupid H**", which is speculated to be a lyrical diss to fellow female rapper Lil' Kim. Ouch! Let's examine a couple lines, shall we?
"[She] talkin' she the queen when she lookin' like a lab rat / I'm Angelina, You Jennifer / Come on, b*tch / You see where Brad at"
Lil' Kim is known in the rap world as Queen Bee, so this seems to be a pretty obvious jab. The harsh Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Aniston comparison? "Brad" must represent Nicki stealing Queen Bee's hip-hop crown, just like how Angelina stole Jennifer's leading man. Rawr!
"Stupid h**s is my enemy / Stupid h**s is so wack / Stupid h**s should've befriended me / Then she coulda probably came back"
Again, an obvious Lil' Kim diss! Nicki herself has declared Lil' Kim as an enemy, and the media happily played it up. Nicki's pretty much saying that if Kim didn't come off so sharp to her and tried to be friends, maybe she'd still have a rap career. Yikes!
Listen to Nicki's new track here:
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele