NYC Sisters The Pierces Stop By Last.Fm Sessions
Sometimes, a roadblock in your career path can be a good thing. Take it from Allison and Catherine Pierce, a pair of sisters who grew up in New York City wanting to be professional ballet dancers. But when Allison became sick of ballet and Catherine got an injury, the sisters turned to music and never looked back.
After meeting Coldplay bassist Guy Berryman in New York a few years ago and giving him their demo, The Pierces found themselves a new producing team: The Darktones, consisting of Berryman and Rik Simpson, who has done production work on three Coldplay albums. But don't expect The Pierce sisters' new album to sound like Chris Martin tinkling the ivories: the duo channels a mix of folk-rockers Fleetwood Mac and the vocal stylings of Heart, with lyrical content that reveals their personal relationships. For example, their song "Secret" is all about a real-life dramatic situation inside a circle of friends. Watch them perform it for Last.fm sessions here:
For more performance clips and an interview with The Pierces, check out Last.fm's Sessions page and let us know what you think of their music!
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us