On This Day In Music History...
August 7, 2009: The world underwent a colossal glitter shortage
...because Ke$ha released "TiK ToK", her first music video ever!
I remember watching this for the first time and not being able to decide whether I hated it or loved it. But that's usually how you can tell a good dance song; it's the guiltiest of pleasures.
Sure she's dirty and her lyrical content is a bit questionable, but at least they're her lyrics, which is more than I can say for some of the other ladies chillin' out in the Top 40. And let's face it, the girl's got the Midas touch when it comes to body movin' tunes. So good that even BritBrit enlisted her to write "'Til The World Ends" — and that song is STILL stuck in my head. I'll forgive the Ke$h-meister though, because anyone with a dollar sign in their name is legit in my books. You go, girl!
- Watch Coldplay Attempt to Write a 'Game Of Thrones' Musical
- 15 BBQ Anthems For Your Upcoming Summer Weekend
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden