On This Day In Music History...
August 7, 2009: The world underwent a colossal glitter shortage
...because Ke$ha released "TiK ToK", her first music video ever!
I remember watching this for the first time and not being able to decide whether I hated it or loved it. But that's usually how you can tell a good dance song; it's the guiltiest of pleasures.
Sure she's dirty and her lyrical content is a bit questionable, but at least they're her lyrics, which is more than I can say for some of the other ladies chillin' out in the Top 40. And let's face it, the girl's got the Midas touch when it comes to body movin' tunes. So good that even BritBrit enlisted her to write "'Til The World Ends" — and that song is STILL stuck in my head. I'll forgive the Ke$h-meister though, because anyone with a dollar sign in their name is legit in my books. You go, girl!
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'