On This Day In Music History...
August 7, 2009: The world underwent a colossal glitter shortage
...because Ke$ha released "TiK ToK", her first music video ever!
I remember watching this for the first time and not being able to decide whether I hated it or loved it. But that's usually how you can tell a good dance song; it's the guiltiest of pleasures.
Sure she's dirty and her lyrical content is a bit questionable, but at least they're her lyrics, which is more than I can say for some of the other ladies chillin' out in the Top 40. And let's face it, the girl's got the Midas touch when it comes to body movin' tunes. So good that even BritBrit enlisted her to write "'Til The World Ends" — and that song is STILL stuck in my head. I'll forgive the Ke$h-meister though, because anyone with a dollar sign in their name is legit in my books. You go, girl!
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings