On This Day In Music History...
August 7, 2009: The world underwent a colossal glitter shortage
...because Ke$ha released "TiK ToK", her first music video ever!
I remember watching this for the first time and not being able to decide whether I hated it or loved it. But that's usually how you can tell a good dance song; it's the guiltiest of pleasures.
Sure she's dirty and her lyrical content is a bit questionable, but at least they're her lyrics, which is more than I can say for some of the other ladies chillin' out in the Top 40. And let's face it, the girl's got the Midas touch when it comes to body movin' tunes. So good that even BritBrit enlisted her to write "'Til The World Ends" — and that song is STILL stuck in my head. I'll forgive the Ke$h-meister though, because anyone with a dollar sign in their name is legit in my books. You go, girl!
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola
- Get-To-Know Alec Benjamin And His Excellent Debut Single "Paper Crown"
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'Hit The Lights'